Monday, November 16, 2015

Week Seventeen!

John 16:33 reads: "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."Sure we'll have hard times in the world. But Christ has overcome it. He has overcome it all. He has overcome every single tribulation and trial and pain and affliction and heartbreak and hard time and job loss and rude comment and rejection and softball sized cyst. The fact of the matter is that He has already overcome the world. As long as we're on His team, we already know that we're going to win. So why worry? Leave it in His hands, and He will take care of it. Actually, He already has. About 2000 years ago in a garden called Gethsemane and on a cross on a hill named Calvary. 

This week we did not get to work nearly as much as I would have liked because we had to spend a bit of time in Montevideo. I have gotten to know the bus station/ mall combination in Montevideo very well. It is seriously more like an airport than any bus station I have ever seen. 

Two of the people I have been working with since I arrived here in Uruguay in July were sealed in the temple this week with their children! The joy that they had is indescribable. I just want everyone to be able to feel that same way and to know that they can be with their families forever too. 

Okay so I have had some funny language slip ups this week. Mes means month and mesa means table, and I told someone that I had a table and a half in Uruguay instead of a month and a half. I also told my companion that my hot dog (pancho) instead of my stomach (pansa). Oops. We laughed it off both times. It´s bound to happen when you´re forced to speak Spanish 24/7. My companion knows about 10 words in English, and her favorite thing to say is "I don´t no sé."

Summer is quickly approaching and with it comes humidity like none other and a house filled with cucarachas. When they get big, they fall on their back and can´t move and then die like that. I still scream every time I see a dead upside-down giant bug. 

Really not very much happened this week because of all the travelling. We are excited to be able to start back up working hard this week and then I will have more updates. Love you all!

Hermana Kaylee Sarah Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment