Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week Fifteen!

“Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other.” -Marvin J. Ashton
This week I only have about 5 minutes to write because it is Hermana Dixon´s last day in Uruguay so we are going to party it up (missionary style). This week really went by so fast and was just filled with miracles. We have seen so many investigators progress, which is something that we had pretty much lost hope in before. 
We extended a baptism date to Ana Laura, who accepted and pretty much cried because she was so happy. She is only 32 and lives alone. She told us that she has always believed in God, but is the only one in her family. We are really excited because she just has so much desire to learn about the Gospel, and we see so much potential in her. Also she made a cake because Hermana Dixon is leaving so that was pretty much the cutest thing ever. 
Halloween is not celebrated as much here. It´s not too safe for little kids to go out alone at night, so basically a few walk around in the afternoon with little bags, and anyone can give them candy. No one really knocks on doors or anything like that. The cool thing about Halloween was that there was FOUR BAPTISMS. No one that I have been teaching, but four women in our ward that I have gotten to know at church. Seeing their joy just brought so much hope.
My new companion is Hermana Leiva and she is from Chile! I am so excited to meet her tomorrow morning. I just know I am going to love her so much, and I´m sure my Spanish will improve significantly because I don´t think she speaks any English. Bueno. 
Anyways sorry this was so scattered but I have got to go! I love Uruguay and being a missionary. And just because everyone always seems to be so worried (apparently having to have surgery in the middle of your mission causes that) I am feeling great and healthy! We walk probably about 6 miles a day and my legs are never even sore anymore.
Love,
Hermana Kaylee Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment