Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week Sixteen!

Mis Queridos,
This week was a little different than most, but still good! On Wednesday at 3:30 in the morning Hermana Dixon left, and my new companion arrived at around 10:30 am. I was just with a sweet member of our ward during that time so I didn´t have to be alone. Bless her heart she got so little sleep. Hermana Leiva is a really great companion for me! She is incredibly patient, especially with my Spanish. She´s a little quiet too, so I have been talking more this week than I have before in my mission. She has already had 13 companions and 7 areas, and still has 4 months left on her mission, so I think she is used to change. I know I am going to learn a lot from her and she will be able to help Mercedes a lot. 

This week I had my very first dream in Spanish! I know that probably sounds like not a big deal to all of you but I was so excited because it means my brain can think in Spanish while I am sleeping. I have spoken less than 10 words in English in the past week because Hermana Leiva speaks hardly any, so I am still constantly learning more Spanish. 

We had a change in our schedule this week. We now wake up at 7 and work until 10 at night, then go home and sleep at 11. It has taken some getting used to, but it´s good because it is starting to get darker later. I also officially finished my training this week, so I have another hour in the afternoons to work as well. Overall the afternoons just got a whole lot longer.

Yesterday I went to Montevideo to sign my visa papers, because right now I am technically just here as a tourist. We had to wake up early and spend 4 hours on a bus each way and a whole lot of hours waiting in a lawyer´s office, but it turned out my papers weren´t ready to be signed...so I will be returning to Montevideo soon to actually be a legal resident here. Because we spent the whole day doing that yesterday I am writing today. It was a little frustrating to not have a P-day, but we will live. I am going to get to know Montevideo pretty well by the end of this ordeal. 

Overall this week was pretty good. Different, but good. I am really grateful for the things in my life that I know will never change, because there are so many unsures. I am grateful for God´s love and the scriptures and that we have a living prophet. Those steadys are what keep us going through all the unsteadys of life.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Hermana Kaylee Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment