Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 18!

I think on the mission I am constantly reminded of my weaknesses and imperfections. None of us are perfect. However, "we are infinitely more than our limitations and our afflictions" (Jeffrey R. Holland). We all have weaknesses, but we are not defined by them. Our Heavenly Father does not expect any of us to be perfect.In the Book of Mormon, we read that "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them" (Ether 12:27).

 He knows we have weakness. He knows we cannot do this on our own. But He has promised us that if we are humbled and have faith , he will turn our weakness into strength. We are enough as long as we are trying our hardest. I have been trying to give it my all every day, and have seen the hand of God making up the rest.

We have two investigators, Andres and Marinella, who are progressing really well. When we met them, they were homeless and she was pretty sick. They have a 4 year old son as well. Anyway everytime we have met with them (always in the chapel because they don´t have a real home), the only thing they have asked of us is that we pray for them. And we have been praying a lot. They also have been praying and really searching for the truth. This week Andres found a job and a house they can afford with his new salary!!! I was so happy. Marinella said that she knew it was Heavenly Father answering her prayers, and her testimony really touched me. He is involved in our lives, we just usually don´t see it. They have decided to be baptized. We still haven´t chosen a date for their baptism yet, because they need to get married first, but we are all really excited for it. 

Our sweet recent converts Lucia and Sofia absolutely love going to church, especially primary, but their mom started working on Sundays and can´t take them. We had a lesson with them this week where they both prayed to be able to go to church this week, and then asked us to pray for that as well. On Sunday morning they walked into church and I almost cried I was so happy. Their mom was able to take a few minutes just to walk them to church and then go back to work. They are my little angels. 

This week there was a soccer game between Uruguay and Chile. The streets literally go crazy. Like three people cancelled our appointments with them because of it as well. Also the next day someone slammed the door on us after they found out my companion was from Chile. Uruguayos take their fĂștbol seriously. 

Everything is going good here. We are working hard and seeing miracles every day. Everyone eat a lot on Thursday for me.
Love,
Hermana Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment