Monday, December 21, 2015

Week Nineteen!

"I used to pray that God would feed the hungry, or do this or that, but now I pray that He will guide me to do whatever I´m supposed to do, what I can do. I used to pray for answers, but now I´m praying for strength. I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I believe that prayer changes us and we change things¨-Mother Teresa

"I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy" -Kahlil Gibran

Quite a few of you have already heard this news, but I think it´s about time that I make it public. I have another cyst, the same problem that sent me home last time. I´ve been working with doctors (aka the top gynecologist in all of Uruguay I am well taken care of) for a few weeks now, trying to make it so I could stay here in Uruguay as a missionary for as long as possible, but it looks like my time is coming to a close this week. Honestly my mission has been the greatest miracle of my life, and I have seen miracles every day that I will never be able to deny. I feel so blessed for the time I have spent here, the people I have met, and the things I have learned. I could not have asked for an experience more perfect for me. 

This week I was talking to a sweet Hermana that I don´t know very well, and she told me that when things are completely out of our control, that´s when we can know for sure that God is controlling them. I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for my life, and I´m just trying my best to live it. I´m really grateful for all of your help in this. I haven´t actually heard when I will be home yet, but it should be by the end of this week. We are going to the temple in Montevideo this Wednesday and Thursday, and I am supposed to bring all of my things to take home with me from there. 

 Now on a more normal note, I would just like to say that tomorrow is December and that is really weird because it is about a million degrees here. And also because I feel like it was October yesterday. 

Yesterday was the Primary Program. Basically what that is is all of the children in the church ages 3 to 11 sing songs and say lines that they (should) have memorized. I was informed (not asked) the day before that I was going to lead all of the songs for it hahahahaha. I think you can all imagine me trying to sing songs in Spanish and controlling little Uruguayos. Then the day of the pianist did not show up, of course, so I just winged it and asked someone to play the songs on their phone. I pretty much looked crazy trying to get the 5 kids excited and to sing louder, but it was an experience I will never forget. Overall I think it all went well and a lot of the people in the ward told me I did well, so I´m not too stressed. 

Not a whole lot more happened this week. We just worked hard and saw miracles. I made potatos on Thanksgiving but other than that it was a normal day. I will probably see you all in a few days!

Love,
Hermana Marsh

p.s. Healing blessings come in many ways, each suited to our individual needs, as known to Him who loves us best. Sometimes a "healing" cures our illness or lifts our burden, but sometimes we are "healed" by being given strength or understanding or patience to bear the burdens placed upon us." -Elder Dallin H. Oaks



No comments:

Post a Comment